Wednesday, June 2, 2010

4 trips to Paris: one photo blog

The pictures aren't in chronological order so I will have to explain them from most recent.
My most recent trip to Paris for actual sightseeing and such was with my friend Mish, who I met in Amsterdam (pictures from that trip coming soon!)
I left Fri. April 30th and took a train from Caen into Paris St. Lazare.
Mish flew from Leeds, England and met me there. I was really impressed that he was able to navigate the Parisian metro system easily during his first trip to Paris!
We stayed in St. Christopher's Hostel the first 2 nights. It was really nice and clean, located right on the canal. The 3rd night, we relocated to Regent's Hotel in the Montmartre area. It was a cute hotel with a perfect view of Sacre Coeur! We were on the top floor with a little balcony that looked right out onto it!
The best place we went was Versailles. It was absolutely beautiful, every square inch was decorated. We even saw Marie Antoinette's bed chambers. The art was amazing and the gardens were beautiful!









This next trip to Paris was Part one of my spring break which included Spain as well (pics to come). I went with my best friends, Mckenna and Paige, and we had a blast! I always have fun with them everywhere I go. We also met our friend John and his German friend Julian there and visited to Musée de romanticism with them. Us three girls visited Pompidou, the famous modern art museum and saw all kinds of famous art.

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgaX82AATy0A6UcP178wq9K7YB0q_uz8jfdVIpW-y6BMth3NySHAId4RezcRK8wEi8I2bF27xFRaMSzSTlEd4IvzRP14nWTyz17Q9NGS9-e9ENmGNYyyh3m_DJdZtyFl1n5rnbsa7rnrSs/s1600/DSCN2386.JPG">













Paris with Dana Wielgus and Ariel Steeber. This trip was a short one made possible by an SNCF train delay. On our way back from Holland (pics to come) our train was late and so we missed the last train to Caen. SNCF was nice enough to put us up in a hotel and this gave us an extra day in Paris to visit a bit.
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj45dsTzukWPuYb6sfFc2ueovM4hQmxhx54hqI9pTv-JT-pQx4BOEgP5WfUNmz2EMb4tEc2kxOWvGtEKLgmi4fQOY9-T57p7mR4AOkKjfQFImYsNpQIQlN5xuju5Nzs7m04ICihQtQwISY/s1600/DSCN2314.JPG">


This trip was my first and most extensive. I went with Paige, Mckenna and John for the weekend. We saw all the famous sights like the Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coeur, Notre Dame, L'Arc de triomphe, Montmartre, Moulin Rouge...
It was a great trip and we met a lot of interesting people!

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgQYHBq42GyDP2yFrofHK42npUNT5MEQDkGx_sjx04VZq68ObCmlinc8AHMJl8TdDz9XgK4_ZYfATh-cdEJjByLWKY_hheLMEmuUirAaCRG140XFjO2viNIyKZ3RQHB2h3OIGJc-NyCBZ8/s1600/DSCN1765.JPG">





No comments:

Post a Comment